Updated: Jan 25, 2021
We love before and after photos of our home staging designs, but what we also love is when we, at Sunset Hills Staging & Design, get to design a complete renovation project for a client and see the transformation!
This laundry room was spacious but really needed a face-lift. We decided to keep the existing layout to keep it spacious. The home was located in a rural neighbourhood so we wanted to incorporate that country cozy feel yet also bring in modern touches.
**Designer Tip: Don't be afraid to mix different styles together i.e: modern with traditional.
First step was demolition...Demo Day!
2. After everything was cleaned up it was time to tile the floor. We used a shiny finish faux marble ceramic 12x24'' tile. We found these at Home Depot for $35 a box of 8!
3. Then the cabinet was installed, which we found at Lowes for $199.99. It was just the base because we were building a custom counter top. We chose a light grey for the colour.
4. For the counter tops we bought two slabs of wooded counters meant for being used as a kitchen island but we had an idea to cut both slabs to create 2-level counters for above the washer and dryer and for the sink. Each wooden slab was $189.99 at Lowes in a chestnut colour.
**Designer Tip: We had wooden slabs left over and built custom shelving above the sink and washer and dryer.
5. Time to tile the backsplash! We chose Ivy Hill Tile Axis 2.6 inc. x 13 in. in white polished elongated Hex Ceramic Wall Tile from Home Depot.
6. Next up we were on the hunt for a smaller charcoal sink. We found one on clearance at Lowes for $150!
**Designer Tip: Shop around for deals. Google discount warehouses, liquidation centres etc. That's where we found the matte black faucet with rose hold finishes for $100!
7. Finally for paint. We knew that we wanted to stay away from greys, whites, and beige tones because the entire laundry room was very neutral. We love using blue tones in general so we knew that blue was the colour we needed to choose. We narrowed it down to GLASS SLIPPER by Benjamin Moore. This colour is so subtle and beautiful.
8. Time To Stage! This laundry room speaks for itself however we couldn't wait to add some simple accessories to tie it all together.
There you have it. A complete renovation design project from A to Z.
Sunset Hills Staging & Design